Monday, June 7, 2010

The Perfect Couple

Here is my newest piece, "The Perfect Couple". This was burned onto an old cherry kitchen cabinet that we were replacing. I kept a few of them- I really like the tone I get with the warm cherry wood. (We have since made all new cabinets for our customer's beautiful kitchen!) The image is from an old photograph of my great grandparents at their summer home on Martha's Vineyard. I remember driving by the house as a child while on vacation. My mother told us how she had spent every summer vacation there as a child with her family. The property has since been sold.

I call this The Perfect Couple because they both look so content and relaxed, enjoying the simple life. I love the feeling of just sitting on a porch on a beautiful day with the people you love- no phones, no computer, just you and the summer breeze.

Come see this, and all of my other work this weekend at The Providence Art Festival on Saturday, June 12! I will be there from 10:30 am until 6 pm. Afterwards you can enjoy the Providence Waterfires in downtown Providence. See you there!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I like how the shape of the cabinet acts as a 'window'. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete